BEAUX REFLETS

Streams of light dance in every direction, refracting and reflecting, to illuminate a colourful living planet.

Providing moments to be captured and recorded through the Visual Arts.



Saturday, June 29, 2013

While My Back Was Turned



Things all felt so good, with so much recovery of the nervous system regarding the increased sense of feeling, to the point that I attempted to wean myself off the prescribed medication (thinking that the residual gentle arm and finger twitching would fade, once the rise in natural dopamine peaked) and I have to say, initially everything seemed to be going very well.

I enjoyed the freedom of being totally free from taking any synthetic medicines for over 25 days, with continued improvement in progress, as the finger tips and toes appear to be so much more alive. My skin tone has become more elastic, and without doubt the speed of colour returning to depressed fingernails (as soon as the nail is released) is instantaneous once more.

Thinking success was very near I even increased the time spans between taking BocowoA and then the thing I did not want to happen appeared to be happening. My big experiment seemed to be about to collapse as the tremors and some lethargic movement started to creep back into the days.

Once the reality of an apparent failure tumbled into my thoughts, I revisited my daily notes, in readiness to consider throwing in the towel if necessary. However, I soon realised there had been a positive twist in the recent events.

While more nerves were opening up within the pelvic area, I had felt that there was still a dull area at the base of my spine effecting the sciatic nerve, and accordingly, I asked my physiotherapist to stretch my spine towards making it more comfortable. In hind sight, I also realised, that perhaps my enthusiasm from the vast improvements following each spark up, had propelled me; I was trying to run before learning to walk. And of course I had not bargained upon any other effects from the procedure, of stretching the spine.

Indeed, I had increased my intake of BocowoA just before my back was physically rotated by the Kinésithérapeute, which surprisingly resulted in more nerves than expected (or I had previously not known about) coming alive in the Sacrum and Coccyx area. For the first time in my life, the pelvic girdle felt that it was made up of more than one fused part. To surmise, I guess (as the Parkinson’s symptoms returned) it spelt out; that there was now insufficient Dopamine available in reserve for such a need, especially as this area still remains painful at times.

A day or two later after more physiotherapy, a synapse rush up the spine from the damaged lumber vertebra (as I dozed before sleep) confirmed that a return to prescribed Levadopa was now necessary for the time being, or at least until the balance is re-struck and all the nerve ways possible have opened up.

Of course, I still do not know whether I have found a cure by introducing BocowoA into my diet, but the apparent depth and continuing ‘waking up’ of the various areas in damaged tissue, appear to still point toward a general overall improvement.

While my right arm (that shows the most tremor when it occurs) having taken the brunt of many a hard knock, a wrench or two, and a couple of nasty breaks, will likely be the last to heal.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment